Re: Interested in making the GUI a bit nicer; where do I start?

From: Sebastian Schöps
Subject: Re: Interested in making the GUI a bit nicer; where do I start?
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2017 01:25:23 -0700 (PDT)

Chris Esposito wrote
> Hi guys.
>
> To cut a long story short, I'm interested in improving the GUI of Octave -
> specifically the plotting - but there are a lot of files in the source
> tarball and I am not sure where to start.
>
> I've done some (Qt-based) GUI work in the past, including plots, but never
> contributed publicly to an open-source project and have no idea what bits
> I'd need to edit to change the plotter.
>
> Is there anyone who'd be able to point me in the right direction - either
> to the relevant files or to a document explaining things?
>
> Would love to give something back!

Dear Chris,

I cannot help you with documentation but I can point you to relevant
problems :)  if you happen to have a high-resolution display or a Mac, then
there are several nasty qt5 bugs to be fixed. Sadly I have too limited qt
experience to do it but I will gladly help you with debugging.

https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?50025
https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?49053

There is already a preliminary patch for #50025, this should tell you where
to look.

Kind regards
Sebastian