[OF] template or empty package

From: Juan Pablo Carbajal
Subject: [OF] template or empty package
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2017 00:32:43 +0200

Hi all,

Is there an official template for an OF package?
I guess this should include:

1. The basic folder structure
2. The latest Makefile
3. All the upper case files (NEWS, DESCRIPTION, CITATION, etc.) with
explanatory text.
4. A README.md file with the explanation on how to use the template,
e.g. what to do if there is no source code? what to do if there is no
citation? etc. In particular when-to and how-to use the files PKG_ADD,
PKG_DEL, pre_install.m, post_install.m, on_uninstall.m; which I think
are controversial.

(I guess 4. is an update to the Octave manual as well).

If it exist shouldn't it be linked from here
https://octave.sourceforge.io/developers.php ?

Thanks