Re: ARPM Open Source Conference

From: Francesco Faccio
Subject: Re: ARPM Open Source Conference
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2017 02:17:52 +0200

Hi Octave Maintainers,
I'm Matteo Ipri, an Octave user, and I write to you on behalf of my employer ARPM.

At ARPM we develop educational material about quantitative finance.
During last year we have written much code in Octave to support the theory and the exercises that are exposed in our Lab.
Such Octave code can be run by the users of the Lab on the JupyterHub installation we integrated in our Lab.
If you would like to take a tour of the Lab and Octave code we host, you can register to the website and we can give you an early access to that code on the Lab.

Every year we organise a week-long event, the Bootcamp: an Intensive, heavily quantitative, comprehensive 6-day course, with 50 hours of instruction (lectures and practice sessions) and several networking possibilities in New York.

This year we are organising an Open Source Conference on the day before the Bootcamp and we would be honoured to have some talks about Octave. More than 300 attendees will be at the event and we think this is another great opportunity to spread the word about FOSS and Octave in particular!

I look forward to hearing from you and feel free to ask for more information.

Thanks for your attention,
Matteo Ipri

ARPM - Advanced Risk and Portfolio Management | Follow us: LinkedInYoutubeGoogle+, FacebookTwitter

Hi Matteo,

thank you for this information and for your interest in Octave. As an Octave user and developer, I would be glad to contribute to your Open Source Conference.

If I have understood correctly from the website, the students are not required to have some basic programming knowledge, so the talk should be at introductory level, maybe with some possible examples / applications for those who already have some experience.
Is this right?

Francesco Faccio