Re: loadlibrary and calllib again?

From: K_G_
Subject: Re: loadlibrary and calllib again?
Date: Tue, 9 May 2017 09:33:07 -0700 (PDT)

I recently spent a while looking for a solution for this exact problem as
well (running the REFPROP Matlab code through Octave) and hit the same wall.
I hadn't seen that some of the issues with the classdef implementation may
have been overcome, and I would definitely be interested to hear what others
may have to say regarding the possibility of the loadlibrary function being
supported in the future.

As it stands, there may be a potential workaround for you (depending on the
operating system you're using): In my searches I came across " CoolProp
<http://www.coolprop.org/>  " which seems to be an alternative to REFPROP
that also gives the ability to  utilize the REFPROP routines directly
<http://www.coolprop.org/coolprop/REFPROP.html#refprop>   instead of the
CoolProp ones. They have a variety of wrappers made for it, including
information for generating an  Octave wrapper
<http://www.coolprop.org/dev/coolprop/wrappers/index.html>   by use of a
.oct file. I ran into a couple of snags on Windows, but it looks like it
should be quite a bit easier if you happen to be running Linux.

The above might be a good workaround for you, but I'd definitely be
interested to hear if anyone has any comments on whether a loadlibrary
function is still prohibitively difficult to make.