Re: Some questions on the interval package

From: siko1056
Subject: Re: Some questions on the interval package
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2017 05:24:32 -0700 (PDT)

Oliver Heimlich wrote
> [snip]
>> linspace.m and mince.m: In the standard implementation these can only
>> take scalars or vectors as input. They could however be generalized to
>> also allow for N-dimensional arrays as input, but this has not been
>> done. Should we implement this for intervals? The same questions goes
>> for mince.m which is just an interval generalization if linspace.m.
>
> Yes, that'd be useful to support N-D arrays as input.  Following the
> behavior of the standard linspace in Octave, I'd say that we should
> simply convert the input into column vectors.  IIRC, this is already
> done inside mpfr_linspace_d.  The output will always be 2-D then.
>

> I will answer your other remaining questions later in a second mail.
>
> Best
> Oliver

Oliver, I am afraid, that we are "over-mentoring" Joel, especially if we
have different points of view about certain aspects. But I felt to answer
Joel after one day. To resolve this in the future, I suggest to continue as
backup mentor and provide technical help (about how to revolve errors or how
to archive this or that) and leave design decisions to you Oliver as package
maintainer.

Kai