Re: Cannot "run" a function file in dev branch.

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: Cannot "run" a function file in dev branch.
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2017 11:17:05 -0700

On Tue, Aug 08, 2017 at 11:00:10 -0700, siko1056 wrote:
> Rik and Mike you are right. The ´run´ command is documented for script files
> only, even for Matlab [1,2]. Since I worked with both I (miss)used it for
> calling setup scripts and functions (which are initially not on the load
> path), the latter without arguments. It was convenient and still works in
> Matlab R2017a (even though [2] says the opposite) and I noticed it by
> running my own test suite yesterday that "nothing" happened anymore. I don't
> think it's worth to be compatible to an undocumented Matlab (bug/feature?).

Sorry if I wasn't clear, I do think it's worthwhile restoring this
behavior even though it's undocumented.

There are a couple of advantages, it lets users call a function that may
not be on the load path, and it allows the Run button in the GUI editor
to be used on function files (as long as the function works when called
with no arguments).

--
mike