Octave port to OpenVMS on a Dec Alpha / VAX

From: Dietz, Guido
Subject: Octave port to OpenVMS on a Dec Alpha / VAX
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2017 14:07:42 +0000

Dear all,

First of all thank you so much for all your efforts concerning Octave. It
accompanies my professional life since more than 20 years (I think I first
touched 0.81...), and it's just extremely helpful to have this valuable tool at
hand!

A you aware of any working Octave port to OpenVMS on a Dec Alpha or a VAX?
Where may I find that?

This might be seen as a request by a time traveller from the past, however,
there is a firm interest behind. In the archive I found some posts from the
90's referring to attempts to port Octave to Dec Alpha. However, I didn't find
out whether this finally has been successful or not, and I would appreciate
your feedback in this respect.

I'm aiming for at least a CLI version of the core functions including gnuplot
running on such platform(s). Would you have any recommendation, which release
series might be the one to port most smoothly in this respect?

Best regards,
Guido