Re: Behold! Buildbot's waterfall display has never been so green

From: mmuetzel
Subject: Re: Behold! Buildbot's waterfall display has never been so green
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2017 05:46:28 -0700 (MST)

I managed to login via SSH to a Windows VirtualBox. This was on a Windows
Host. But the steps shouldn't differ much for a Linux host. (I tried to
start a VirtualBox inside my Ubuntu VM. But let's say: It didn't like it
much....).
So here is what I did:
1. Download a Windows VM for VirtualBox from [1]. I went with the Windows 10
machine. If you have another Windows installation available, you might
prefer to go with that because the "free" VMs de-activate after 90 days. (I
don't know what would happen after that date.)
2. After having started the VM, I downloaded the OpenSSH server from [2] and
installed it following the instruction on [3]. The following command didn't
work for me:
.\FixHostFilePermissions.ps1 -Confirm:$false
But the following did (with manual confirmation for each permission change):
.\FixHostFilePermissions.ps1
I also had to stop a running "OpenSSHd" service before I could start the new
one (step 11 in that guide).
3. After that, I shut down the VM and changed the network adapter to
"Host-only adapter". With that change, I could connect to the VM from the
VirtualBox host using PuTTY.

Hope that helps setting up a testing environment for Windows builds.

Markus

[1]
https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-edge/tools/vms/#downloads
[2] https://github.com/PowerShell/Win32-OpenSSH/releases