Re: Release 4.4.0 and statistics package

From: Olaf Till
Subject: Re: Release 4.4.0 and statistics package
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2018 18:33:43 +0100

On Thu, Jan 04, 2018 at 02:39:45PM -0800, Rik wrote:
> On 01/04/2018 02:29 PM, Arno Onken wrote:

> >> So I'll put this on my list for the next few days. (Still considering
> >> further suggestions, of course.)
> > Thanks, Olaf, that would be great!  Sorry for the late reply.  I took up
> > a new job recently and am terribly busy at the moment.
> >
> > Arno
> Olaf,
>
> I'll wait a couple of days and then remove the functions from Octave core.
> You can always retrieve them from a Mercurial version in which they haven't
> been deleted for copying in to the statistics package.  The header will
> need to change because right now it says "## This file is part of Octave."

Brute force -- _all_ Octave statistics functions are now in the OF
statistics package (with the changes to the license text as indicated
above, thanks) and will be installed if needed. We can weed out some
of them still.

No renaming/deprecating is done as yet, this can be done later.

Cross-compilation is cared for, but needs manual configuration as
indicated by an error message or in the README.crosscompilation file.

Olaf