Re: io-2.4.9 released

From: avlas
Subject: Re: io-2.4.9 released
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2018 08:56:58 -0500

El dimarts, 9 de gener de 2018, a les 6:54:34 EST, Marius Schamschula va
escriure:

  > On Jan 9, 2018, at 5:05 AM, avlas <address@hidden> wrote:
  >
  > El dissabte, 6 de gener de 2018, a les 15:47:06 EST, Philip Nienhuis va
escriure:

  >  A new release (2.4.9) of the octave-forge io package has just been
  >  uploaded [1]. It's a mere bug fix release that a.o., should allow io to
  >  be also compatible with the current development branch of core Octave.
  >  See the NEWS for the changes [2].
  >
  >  Just after Olaf made the release I pushed a cset for csv2cell()
  >  implementing some changes mentioned here:
  >     http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-octave/2018-01/msg00026.html
  >  However that part of the code has seen just half an hour of testing so
  >  it had better wait for a future 2.4.10 release anyway. Additional
  >  testing "in the field" is very welcome... [3]
  >
  >  Enjoy,
  >  Philip
  >
  >  [1] https://octave.sourceforge.io/download.php?package=io-2.4.9.tar.gz
  >  [2] https://octave.sourceforge.io/io/NEWS.html
  >
  >  [3] http://hg.code.sf.net/p/octave/io/file/5c728076342d/src/csv2cell.cc
  >  When "mkoctfiling" it separately note that the two OV_ISNUMERIC macros
  >  in L.252-253 should be changed into "is_numeric_type" for Octave-4.2.x
  >  and "isnumeric" for 4.3.0+
  >
  > I got an error in Octave 4.2.1:
  >
  > pkg update
  > configure: error: pg_config not found
  > checking for mkoctfile... /usr/bin/mkoctfile
  > checking for octave-config... /usr/bin/octave-config
  > checking for pg_config... no
  >
  > pkg: error running the configure script for io.
  > error: called from
  >    configure_make at line 78 column 9
  >    install at line 194 column 7
  >    pkg at line 394 column 9
  >    pkg at line 552 column 11

  > a.

  It seems that io now requires a version of postgresql to be installed. I have
updated the MacPorts package accordingly.

  Marius
  --
  Marius Schamschula

What about Linux? I use an Ubuntu derivative and there are many postgresql
packages, wondering which one I should install to be able to update io

..
a.