Re: Octave GSOC Projects

From: Rik
Subject: Re: Octave GSOC Projects
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2018 08:26:20 -0800

On 01/09/2018 03:54 AM, address@hidden wrote:
Re: SoC 2018: Update projects page
From:
siko1056 <address@hidden>
Date:
01/09/2018 01:12 AM
To:
address@hidden
7bit
Message:
2

Nir Krakauer-3 wrote
The application to Google will likely be due early February. So the new
year is a good time to check the description of any projects you want to
mentor on the Octave wiki [1] and update the status as needed.

Sincerely,

Nir
The GSoC 2018 mentoring organization application deadline is in about two
weeks, January, 23 [2].
Another good project for someone who wants to work on the GUI would be to clean up the Variable Editor and then proceed to write a Property Inspector.  The graphic objects have so many properties that it would be quite convenient to show them in a spreadsheet form and be able to toggle the boolean properties, select from a list for radio properties, etc.  It's not my area of expertise so I couldn't be a mentor, but I do think it would be a good addition.

--Rik

Nir, are you so kind to manage this years application again?

Best,
Kai

[1] https://wiki.octave.org/Summer_of_Code_Project_Ideas
[2] https://developers.google.com/open-source/gsoc/timeline