Re: renaming some classes and using the octave namespace in the GUI

From: Daniel J Sebald
Subject: Re: renaming some classes and using the octave namespace in the GUI
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2018 12:32:49 -0600

On 02/08/2018 12:00 PM, John W. Eaton wrote:
On 02/08/2018 12:43 PM, Daniel J Sebald wrote:

I'm not sure about the "browser" name change. I prefer the names match what they are derived from. This is sort of how Qt is set up, e.g., here's one hierarchy of inheritance:

QAbstractButton
QPushButton
QCommandLinkButton

This maybe makes sense for the fairly generic sort of widgets that Qt provides. But what I'm talking about are Octave objects. The history browser will always be something that allows users to examine the command history, but it may not always be derived from the QtDockWidget object. Having that in the name doesn't make sense to me. It's like Hungarian notation. It seems like it might be a good idea until you decide to change the type of a variable.

We could use another name than browser but I don't want to append DockWidget just because it currently happens to be implemented using a QtDockWidget object.

OK, it sounds like we are referring to two different things. My mind is on the class code at the moment.

Dan