Re: Parallel and MPI with default branch

From: Carlo de Falco
Subject: Re: Parallel and MPI with default branch
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2018 19:52:11 +0100

Il 18 feb 2018 19:23, Sebastian Schöps <address@hidden> ha scritto:

Dear Carlo,

> You have to specify the mpi wrapper for the c++ compiler using  the MPICC environment variable.
>
> putenv MPICC mpicxx
>
> On my system.
>
> The mpicxx name may be different depending on your mpi installation.

MPICC set as an environment variable outside of octave, so "putenv MPICC mpicxx" does not change anything. Did you actually look at the error log? I have open-mpi 3.0.0 and octave 90bd5649983c.

Best,
Sebastian

Seb,
yes from the log it seems the linker cannot resolve symbols from the mpi library. If the linker is invoked via mpicxx this should in principle not happen.
Can you try uncompressing the package and running make from within the src directory? If you look at the makefile there are a few more variable s you can try to change.
c.