Re: Deprecate tmpnam()?

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Deprecate tmpnam()?
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2018 17:58:57 -0400

On 03/26/2018 05:52 PM, Rik wrote:
All,

I proposed deprecating tmpnam back in 2014 as it does the same thing as the
Matlab function tempname which we also provide.  A discussion ensued here
http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/Keeping-both-tmpnam-and-tempname-td4666868.html.

Back then, tmpnam was used 189 times in Octave core and 29 times in OF
packages.  Three years later there is now only one instance of tmpnam in
core, which I am just switching over.  Is is reasonable to start the
deprecation of tmpnam with the 4.4 release?

It's fine with me as long as all the functionality of tmpnam can be obtained using other functions.