Re: 4.4 Release Checklist - Item 3 - Must Fix Bugs

From: Daniel J Sebald
Subject: Re: 4.4 Release Checklist - Item 3 - Must Fix Bugs
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2018 04:35:16 -0500

On 04/09/2018 10:30 AM, Rik wrote:
Are there any other must-fix bugs left?

I may have come across a couple more 4.4.0 bugs. They both have to do with successfully building the documentation, with I think is a high priority to keep bundle-builders happy.

http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?53644
This one fixes an address violation caught by ASAN we discussed. It has to do with having OpenGL line stipple on when doing filled GL_QUADS. At first appearance, this seems to fix problems I've had with building the documentation figures all the way on some KDE/Plasma systems for which I haven't installed the Nvidia driver and Nouveau comes standard.

After getting to the point of having all the documentation figures with the above fix, I now see a LaTeX error in which there appears to be doc/liboctave/liboctave.texi missing from the build-directory, which I always pick different from the source-directory. But I think that file is in the $(srcdir) and needs to be implicitly transfered over to the build tree. Given the proximity to release, perhaps JWE should tackle this one.

Dan