command completion project

From: Richard Crozier
Subject: command completion project
Date: Wed, 16 May 2018 11:23:45 +0100

Dear Sudeempam,

The command completion project sounds pretty nice, but I do have one suggestion, how about fixing basic command completion for packages as part of the project too?

Command completion currently doesn't work for code in packages (by which I mean namespaces created by putting code in a folder starting with '+'). So if you put a function file myfunction.m in a folder like '+mypackage', you then call it on the command line like:

mypackage.myfunction

you can also nest package folders so it's like:

my_package.my_sub_package1.myfunction

my_package.my_sub_package2.myfunction

but Octave can't currently do code completion on the package namespaces as you type them. Ideally it should complete the first package name, then after the dot, suggest any subpackage names or functions in the package etc.

Regards,

Richard

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.