Re: build failure on macOS using homebrew

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: build failure on macOS using homebrew
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2018 19:37:49 -0700

On Jun 24, 2018, at 7:04 PM, Andrew Janke <address@hidden> wrote:

On 6/24/18 11:45 AM, Ben Abbott wrote:

Ok. Thanks.

I backed out that changeset and two more.

patch -p1 -R < ../b3c68525ed82.patch
patch -p1 -R < ../245de4f12ca3.patch
patch -p1 -R < ../fa66d81d0956.patch

I’m now able to build.

John,

I apologize that I didn’t get to this when these changes were fresh. Do you have any insight into why these changes produce the result below on macOS?

make[2]: *** No rule to make target `-L/usr/local/opt/freetype/lib', needed by `libinterp/dldfcn/__delaunayn__.la'.  Stop.

Ben

Oppps. The b3c68525ed82 shouldn’t have been included.

Ben

Opps again. I do need to reverse b3c68525ed82 in order to build on macOS.

Ben

Hi Ben,

Is there a way I can grab your patches to test out this fix? I don't see them in the Octave Hg repository.

Cheers,
Andrew

Hi Andrew,

The patches are available at the links below. Follow the links, and click on “raw” in the left column.

I’ve attached the patches. A portion doesn’t reverse, but I’m still able to build.

Ben