Re: step by step guide to update code in a package

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: step by step guide to update code in a package
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2018 13:32:11 -0700

On Sun, Aug 12, 2018 at 13:18:42 -0700, I wrote:
> Personally, step 5-6 is not a problem for me.

I should clarify. I think whether Octave runs in --gui or --no-gui mode
is a personal preference, not a bug in the makefile.

You could try 'make run OCTAVE="octave --gui"' to see if that helps get
the workflow that you want.

Even in command line mode, Octave should still allow you to use figures
and user interface controls.

Maybe someone has ideas about how to make it easier for the 'make run'
target to support users who want to use the GUI while keeping the
default behavior as is.

--
mike