Re: Octave-Forge: Redesign with responsive layout

From: avlas
Subject: Re: Octave-Forge: Redesign with responsive layout
Date: Sat, 01 Sep 2018 07:45:58 -0400

El dissabte, 1 de setembre de 2018, a les 6:46:26 EDT, Oliver Heimlich va
escriure:

  On 30.08.2018 17:06, Julien Bect wrote:
  > 1) One has found the blue color that is used both for the top panel and
  > for links (#427dbd) a little pale.
  >
  > 2) Another remarked that bold links are nice on pages where there are
  > only a few links, but not so much when there are many of them (in
  > particular on the support and documentation pages).
  >
  > Considering these two points, using a slightly darker shade of blue
  > (e.g., #2e69a8) with normal fonts for the links looks cool on my screen.

  Since most links are easily visible because of the icons, I have
  implemented this proposal. It is much better, especially on small screens.

  > 3) One found it weird that, on the documentation page, the text that you
  > type inside the search box is centered, while the suggestions that
  > appear below it are left-aligned.

  Text input is left-aligned now.

  Oliver

Hi Oliver,

Great work on the web. I actually liked the cold colors, but a bit of orange is
nice too. In any case, I find the orange color from the rocket icon (#ff8a4b)
much nicer than other orange colors all around (hover menu and rss button, I'm
looking to you; perhaps it also looks good for the text in orange, but that is
more difficult to anticipate). Would you consider to test this out to see if
you like it?

Best

a.