Re: Enhancing web pages with Twitter Cards ?

From: Kai Torben Ohlhus
Subject: Re: Enhancing web pages with Twitter Cards ?
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2018 13:16:38 +0200

On Thu, Sep 6, 2018 at 11:49 AM Julien Bect <address@hidden> wrote:
Le 06/09/2018 à 11:43, Kai Torben Ohlhus a écrit :
Do I get it right, that the "twitter" cards is just some meta markup, that can be included in Octave's Newsfeed?

Yes, just a bunch of tags that you can add to any of your pages.

This might not be a big deal.  But what is the benefit of this effort (explained to a non-Twitter-user like me)?

The benefit is that when someone tweets a link to your page, it looks automatically much nicer.

Just take a look at the latest tweets here : https://twitter.com/JulienBect -> the tweets about Octave and OF have no cards, the others do.

@++

Thanks for explaining.  What I do like about your idea is the "The Open Graph protocol" part (the "og:" tags) for providing rich meta data for any social network (not only twitter).  This really seems to be an open "standard" developed by Facebook (at least I found no license information) and is widely adapted in social media.

When I have some time, as a start I can think about adapting the "og:" portion.  This should not be too hard and maybe you can report back if this already sufficient for twitter.

Best,
Kai

[3]: http://ogp.me/
[4]: https://github.com/facebook/open-graph-protocol