How to push to savannah

From: Juan Pablo Carbajal
Subject: How to push to savannah
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2018 23:49:46 +0200

Hi,

What's the proper way to push to savannah (ideally ssh using keys)?

granted, I do not do this very often and it seems I forgot how to push.

Currently I am using this path to pull http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/
I cannot push with this path so I tried

$ hg push -b stable https://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/
pushing to https://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/
no changes made to subrepo gnulib since last push to http://hg.octave.org/gnulib
searching for changes
abort: authorization failed

Which I assume is caused by the fact that my global [ui] configuration
is not suited for savannah. However editing .hg/hgrc with the username
I used ot log in at savannah did not changed the situation.

Then I tried ssh with username, but the credentials I use to log in
fail (I do have a ssh key registered, but it is not used for some
reason)

$ hg push -b stable ssh://address@hidden/hgweb/octave/
pushing to ssh://address@hidden/hgweb/octave/
address@hidden's password: