Re: Warnings related to sundials ida in octave configuration

From: José Luis García Pallero
Subject: Re: Warnings related to sundials ida in octave configuration
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2018 12:30:26 +0100

El jue., 8 nov. 2018 a las 12:14, Marco Atzeri
(<address@hidden>) escribió:

> Am 08.11.2018 um 11:43 schrieb José Luis García Pallero:
> > Hello:
> >
> > I'm trying to compile Octave 4.4.1 in Debian Sid and the ./configure
> > script emits two warnings about the sundials library:
> >
> > configure: WARNING: SUNDIALS IDA library does not include the IDADENSE
> > linear solver, ode15i and ode15s will be disabled
> > configure: WARNING: SUNDIALS IDA library not configured with IDAKLU,
> > ode15i and ode15s will not support the sparse Jacobian feature
> >
> > I've installes all libraries related with Sundials present in the
> > Debian Sid repositories:
> >
> > libsundials-cvodes3
> > libsundials-cvode3
> > libsundials-nvecparallel-hypre3
> > libsundials-idas2
> > libsundials-nvecparallel-openmp3
> > libsundials-nvecparallel-pthread3
> > libsundials-sunmatrix1
> > libsundials-sunlinsol1
> > libsundials-ida3
> > libsundials-nvecparallel-mpi3
> > libsundials-nvecparallel-petsc3
> > libsundials-kinsol3
> > libsundials-arkode2
> > libsundials-nvecserial3
> > libsundials-dev
> >
> > Are these warnings a problem of the Sundials in Debian ?
> >

> I guess you need the version 2.7 not the 3.x

Thanks, you are right. Sundials 2.7 is now in Debian Testing. But
sooner or later Sundials 3 will be in Debian Sid and will be the
default in other Linux distros. What is the reason Octave needs 2.7?
Due to IDADENSE and IDAKLU functions?

> ---

José Luis García Pallero
address@hidden