Re: building on macOS?

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: building on macOS?
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2018 07:24:52 -0800

On Nov 13, 2018, at 12:32 AM, Carlo de Falco <address@hidden> wrote:

Il giorno mar 13 nov 2018, 09:20 John W. Eaton <address@hidden> ha scritto:
If you use all the same options except the --eval "CODE" part, then
execute the interpimages function call, does that work?
Similarly, but without the --gui option (so you start with a command
line prompt)?

For me that does work but then, when I exit Octave I get the segfault.

The qt toolkit should still be registered and should work
as long as you are not using the -cli option for run-octave.

jwe

c.

Being a big more methodical this time. I have a shell script file …

#! /bin/sh
./run-octave --gui --norc --silent --no-history --path /Users/bpabbott/Development/mercurial/default/sources/doc/interpreter/ --eval "interpimages ('doc/interpreter/', 'interpn', 'txt');"

This seg-faults. I’ve tried to run the gui manually (i.e. no —path or —eval options). Something changed for the gui. Readline looks to be not working and fputs is throwing errors. I’ll look into these first.

Ben