Re: building on macOS?

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: building on macOS?
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2018 08:42:28 -0800

On Thu, Dec 20, 2018 at 14:21:51 +0100, Carlo de Falco wrote:
> That would be nice but I'm not sure how that could be done.
>
> If someone knows that it would be very interesting to learn.

This isn't safe to run without running 'make install' first because the
Octave header files are not yet where they should be. There is no
problem running mkoctfile from the build tree, but there is no guarantee
that the $octincludedir exists.

One would have to add a lot of -I options to the command line to ensure
that all Octave header files are found, and the <octave/oct.h> form
would not work at all.

That said, if someone can figure out how to make this work, this would
be a nice feature to have.

--
mike