Re: Having problem building on macOS Mojave

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: Having problem building on macOS Mojave
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2018 22:49:53 +0800

On Dec 25, 2018, at 10:29 PM, Anadi Kashyap <address@hidden> wrote:

On Tue, Dec 25, 2018 at 7:45 PM Ben Abbott <address@hidden> wrote:

The good news is that there is no big mystery. One the include path is added, the build should be successful.

It appears that the QT include path was not added to QT_CPPFLAGS, or  QT_CPPFLAGS was not included in CPPFLAGS.

Please send me the configure script you’re using. Perhaps it got mangled some how.

Ben

I did change a couple of values to make it work, and I was not exactly sure about the changes I made except that it avoided the errors.

export JAVA_HOME="$(/usr/libexec/java_home -v 11)"
Notice the -v 11, my system didn't have 9 and I couldn't find it so it kept giving me errors.

The other change I did was:

PREFIX="/usr/local/$(whoami)/octave"
../configure \

instead of:

 PREFIX="/usr/local/$(whoami)/octave"
 ../sources/configure \

Again, couldn't find the directory so I corrected(?) it.

I'm attaching the script as you asked.
<homebrew_configure_octave_v5.sh>

The v5 version does not set the include path for Qt for the test programs. Hence, it will not work. Actually this may be a bug. I expect the QT_CPPFLAGS and QT_LDFLAGS should be used when compiling Qt related routines. In any event, please use v8 (attached again).

The changes you made shouldn’t be a problem. Feel free to make the same changes to v8, or just add the lines below to v5.

LDFLAGS="$LDFLAGS $QT_LDFLAGS"
CPPFLAGS="$CPPFLAGS $QT_CPPFLAGS"

Ben