Re: Having problem building on macOS Mojave

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: Having problem building on macOS Mojave
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2018 23:07:12 +0800

On Dec 25, 2018, at 23:00, Anadi Kashyap <address@hidden> wrote:

On Tue, Dec 25, 2018 at 8:20 PM Ben Abbott <address@hidden> wrote:
<homebrew_configure_octave_v5.sh>

The v5 version does not set the include path for Qt for the test programs. Hence, it will not work. Actually this may be a bug. I expect the QT_CPPFLAGS and QT_LDFLAGS should be used when compiling Qt related routines. In any event, please use v8 (attached again).

The changes you made shouldn’t be a problem. Feel free to make the same changes to v8, or just add the lines below to v5.

LDFLAGS="$LDFLAGS $QT_LDFLAGS"
CPPFLAGS="$CPPFLAGS $QT_CPPFLAGS"

Ben

Actually, I had added the changes you did in v8 to your v5, sorry, the name is misleading. Even then I added the two lines to my v5 and same error. Please check the script, it's quite different from your own v5. Sorry for the confusion.

I’ve looked it over. It does not include the lines below.

LDFLAGS="$LDFLAGS $QT_LDFLAGS"
CPPFLAGS="$CPPFLAGS $QT_CPPFLAGS"

Please add then it the location used in v8.

Ben