Re: Having problem building on macOS Mojave

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: Having problem building on macOS Mojave
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2018 12:13:53 +0800

On Dec 26, 2018, at 12:07, Ben Abbott <address@hidden> wrote:

On Dec 26, 2018, at 11:40, Anadi Kashyap <address@hidden> wrote:

On Wed, Dec 26, 2018 at 9:05 AM Ben Abbott <address@hidden> wrote:

On Dec 26, 2018, at 11:28, Anadi Kashyap <address@hidden> wrote:

On Wed, Dec 26, 2018 at 8:45 AM Ben Abbott <address@hidden> wrote:
On Dec 26, 2018, at 11:07, Anadi Kashyap <address@hidden> wrote:

Proceeded to build with the script you provided for make and got this in the end:

error: __gnuplot_get_var__: Can not make FIFO (Function not implemented)
make[2]: *** [doc/interpreter/voronoi.eps] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2

That’s a bug related to macOS and GNUPLOT. If Qt configured ok the build should use the Qt for graphics.

Please run by “./run-octave —gui” and let us know what happens? ... gui or error?

Ben

Error...
octave: GUI features missing or disabled in this build

When the build started I noticed a similar warning as we got during configure earlier:

WARNING: Your installation of Qt version 5 appears incomplete or broken in some way.  Fix that or use --with-qt=VER to use another version.

It went out of the screen pretty quick though. So this is all I can surely recall.

You’re configure script is still not working.

Ben

But I didn't get any warnings after my last configure, no Qt warning or anything at all. So my configure script could still be wrong?
I'll try to find out what's happening in the meanwhile.

Search config.status for the summary. Or just run the configure script again and copy the summary at the end into the email.

Ben

The end of my summary looks like below

  Build Octave Qt GUI:                  yes (version: 5)
  JIT compiler for loops:               no
  Build Java interface:                 yes
  Build static libraries:               no
  Build shared libraries:               yes
  Dynamic Linking API:                  dlopen
  Include support for GNU readline:     yes
  64-bit array dims and indexing:       yes
  64-bit BLAS array dims and indexing:  no
  OpenMP SMP multithreading:            no
  Truncate intermediate FP results:     yes
  Build cross tools:                    no
  Build docs:                           yes

Ben