RE: Windows uninstall now reboots system?

From: JohnD
Subject: RE: Windows uninstall now reboots system?
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2019 11:29:42 -0500

If
> you installed and havent done a reboot sometime between then and the
> uninstall.
>
> Its occurring because the msys2 part of the install registering of the
> environment (vash --login) starts gpg-agent, and since its still running
it
> cant uninstall that file - hence the message on rebooting - I believe we
can
> disable that reboot option, however the files will still be there.

See tools/makeinst-script.sh, line 526:

; didnt remove directory ? most likely from not all files removed
 IfErrors 0 uninstall_done
    MessageBox MB_YESNO "One or more folders were not uninstalled because
they contain extra files. Try to delete them?" /SD IDYES IDNO uninstall_done
    RMDir /r "\$INSTDIR"

    IfErrors 0 uninstall_done
        MessageBox MB_YESNO "One of more files were still not uninstalled.
Do you want to delete them on the next reboot?" /SD IDYES IDNO
uninstall_done
        RMDir /r /REBOOTOK "\$INSTDIR"
uninstall_done: