Re: RC1 Candidate

From: Ardid, Salva
Subject: Re: RC1 Candidate
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2019 14:50:38 +0000

El dissabte, 26 de gener de 2019, a les 10:25:45 EST, Rik va escriure:

  The first release candidate for Octave version 5.1 is available at
  ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/octave/.

  I've tried it on my vanilla Linux system (./configure, make) and building
  is just fine.  Running 'make check' passes with no failed tests.

  Please download and experiment on other systems.

  --Rik

Hi,

I tested Octave 5.0.90 and identified a regression in the copyobj function:

f1 = figure;
plot(0:10)
f2 = figure;
Copyobj(get(f1,'children'),f2);

error: copyobj: =: nonconformant arguments (op1 is 1x1, op2 is 1x0)
error: called from
    copyobj at line 70 column 15

This works fine in Octave 4.x versions and Matlab