Re: NEWS and release announcement for 5.1 on the web site

From: Andrew Janke
Subject: Re: NEWS and release announcement for 5.1 on the web site
Date: Sat, 2 Mar 2019 04:10:19 -0500

On 3/2/19 3:58 AM, Kai Torben Ohlhus wrote:
On Fri, Mar 1, 2019 at 11:38 PM John W. Eaton <address@hidden <mailto:address@hidden>> wrote:

    I added two files to the octave web pages repo in the following
    changeset:

    https://hg.octave.org/web-octave/rev/afa95c42b86b

    and ran "make deploy"  It seems to have worked.  If anyone notices
    problems, please let me know.

    I will post a release announcement to the mailing lists next.

    jwe

The update looks good to me, all links are working!  Good to hear that I'm not the only one able to manage octave.org <http://octave.org> updates ;-)

Just a final nuance is to increment the "community-news-page-serial":

https://hg.octave.org/web-octave/rev/f58b6e395216

Then all Octave users who chose to be informed about updates will receive a message at next startup.

Thanks for all the release effort,

Kai

And to update the channel topic message on the freenode #octave IRC channel. It currently says "Octave 4.4 is out!", so IRC users get the notification on next logon.

Cheers,
Andrew