Re: Working on nnet package

From: Evangelos Rozos
Subject: Re: Working on nnet package
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2019 21:34:51 +0300

Will anyone advice me what should I do to become the maintainer of this package?

On 06/03/2019 17:14, Doug Stewart wrote:

On Wed, Mar 6, 2019 at 8:57 AM Mohammed Elmusrati <address@hidden <mailto:address@hidden>> wrote:

    Hi,

    Yes, I totally agree.. Machine learning is state of the art now
    and it would be great to develop more functions to support this
    extremely important area. Since I use Octave in my Machine
    Learning course, I have written few functions for my students to
    implement ANN for example. They work fine under Octave as well as
    Matlab. But there are not similar to Matlab ANN toolbox structure.
    I may add them to Github so wider range of users may use them.

    Question: Is it necessary for the developed packages to be
    identical as Matlab toolboxes? Is it possible to have Octave style
    CNN or Deep learning packages?

    Thank you

    M. Elmusrati

About being Identical to matlab:

If we are not the same as matlab, then we will get a lot of complaints like " My code works on matlab but not on octave"
But we can have more features and different features (better) than matlab.
So we should try and minimize the complaints but still have unique and better code.
Just my 2C worth.

    Sent from Mail <https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986>
    for Windows 10