Re: Geometry pkg Octave bug

From: Juan Pablo Carbajal
Subject: Re: Geometry pkg Octave bug
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2019 14:51:48 +0200

On Tue, Jun 11, 2019 at 9:04 PM Rodrigo Eguíluz
<address@hidden> wrote:

> Dear Juan Pablo,
>
> First of all I would like to thank you for the geometry pkg you guys
> developed. It’s really nice to find some open source alternatives like this.
>
> The reason why I am typing you is because I have recently encountered an
> issue with the “clipPolygon” function.
>

> Some background info: I wrote a script, using octave 4.4.1, that uses
> “clipPolygon” to obtain the intersection between 2 polygons. The code was
> working great, no complaints. However, I have recently updated my Octave
> installation to 5.1.0, and an error arose. I tried installing back Octave
> 4.4.1 and the script runs perfectly fine again, which makes me think that
> maybe something was changed in the main Octave code that messes up your pkg
> compatibility.
>
> Attached is a screenshot of the error I am getting:
>

> I am not sure if this info is enough for you guys to address this issue
> (assuming it’s not something on my end, which could be), so let me know if
> you would need some more data ( like the XY coordinates of the 2 polygons).
> For now I can get around with Octave 4.4.1. Just wanted to bring this up in
> case you guys have not been notified about this.

Dear Rodrigo,

Thanks for reporting this. In the future use the help or maintainers
mailing list, or the bug tracker
https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?group=octave
This way your report doesn't get lost in my inbox.

Is it possible that you provide a minimum version of your code that
reproduces the failure? It might be a simplified version of your
script.
If we can't reproduce it is very hard to search for the issue.

Btw, what OS are you working on? If you are in windows by installing a
nw version of Octave you get a new version of the package, so it might
well be that we have introduced a bug.

Regards,