Re: Support Octave by new .m files

From: Nicholas Jankowski
Subject: Re: Support Octave by new .m files
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2019 19:29:31 -0400

On Wed, Jul 3, 2019 at 19:09 Hamed Shakouri <address@hidden> wrote:
On Wed, Jul 3, 2019 at 4:01 PM Nicholas Jankowski <address@hidden> wrote:
On Wed, Jul 3, 2019 at 18:49 Hamed Shakouri <address@hidden> wrote:
e.g. the escape button works for deleting the entire line in MatLab, but it is not defined in Octave.

On Wed, Jul 3, 2019 at 2:00 PM Hamed Shakouri <address@hidden> wrote:
Got it. Thank you.

But you’re still top posting. Please post at the end of the quoted email like this. And be sure to Reply All, not just to me.

A lot of that has to do with the way the terminal  interfaces with the GUI. There has recently been quite a bit of discussion about reworking the underlying terminal. You can search the mailing list archives at nabble:

Sorry,
I pushed the three dots but forgot to go to the bottom! I was busy at that time.

Here is the C2Dm with FOH method included.
Indeed, I needed it.

I suggest activation of escape button and character selection/replacement on the command line.

With Regards,

Hamed Shakouri G.

Please reply all

I expect that to maintain matlab compatibility your  method would need to get worked into the existing control package’s c2d function. Have you had a look at it? Do you know how to work up a patch for submittal and consideration?

Please see