[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Thu, 17 Oct 2019 21:51:04 +0200
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/52.0 SeaMonkey/2.49.4
There's a new release of the io package, io-2.4.13 
It's primarily a bug fix release.
Please see the NEWS for what this new release brings 
For the Octave maintainers ML here's some extra info on the next plans
for the io package, motivated by a question by Markus Muetzel about the
status of the plans for moving spreadsheet I/O + XML functions to core
Octave, partly or completely.
Well, whether that will ever happen, let alone whether it is still
desired, is beyond me. Yet I do want to adapt the spreadsheet I/O
functions code base to a much more easily maintainable status. A benefit
is that it'll make it easier to move them to core some day, maybe.
An important part is merging the now largely separate ods????? and
xls????? functions sets into just one xls????? function set and morphing
the ods????? functions into wrappers for their xls????? counterparts and
deprecate them. After all, Matlab's xlsread can perfectly read .ods
these days and we do want to be compatible.
This way a lot of duplicate code can be eliminated.
A next step might be splitting up the OCT interface .xlsx and maybe .ods
private functions into smaller dedicated pieces. However, .xlsx and .ods
are very complicated file formats so maintaining these functions still
won't be easy peasy.
Another wish is to adapt the current test scripts (a.o., test_spsh.m) to
"regular" BIST tests as much as possible. More on that once I get there.
I'll plan to start a 2.6.x branch for these developments soon.
- io-2.4.13 released,
Philip Nienhuis <=
- Re: io-2.4.13 released, Olaf Till, 2019/10/18
- Re: io-2.4.13 released, PhilipNienhuis, 2019/10/18
- Re: io-2.4.13 released, Kai Torben Ohlhus, 2019/10/18
- Re: io-2.4.13 released, Philip Nienhuis, 2019/10/18
- Re: io-2.4.13 released, Andrew Janke, 2019/10/18
- Table I/O [WAS: io-2.4.13 released], PhilipNienhuis, 2019/10/18
- Re: Table I/O [WAS: io-2.4.13 released], Andrew Janke, 2019/10/18
- Re: Table I/O [WAS: io-2.4.13 released], Julien Bect, 2019/10/19
- Re: Table I/O [WAS: io-2.4.13 released], Andrew Janke, 2019/10/19
- Re: Table I/O [WAS: io-2.4.13 released], PhilipNienhuis, 2019/10/19