Re: OCL package 1.0.0 released

From: Olaf Till
Subject: Re: OCL package 1.0.0 released
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2019 12:49:25 +0100

On Tue, Dec 03, 2019 at 09:25:03PM +0100, Matthias W. Klein wrote:
> > I heva promoted your package here as well
> > https://flossforscience.com/podcast/season-2-episode-9
> > See section Links, GPU acceleration ...
> >
> > > Juan, can you please open the ticket with the following information:
> > [...]
> > done!
> > https://sourceforge.net/p/octave/package-releases/395/
>
> Hola Juan,
>
> thank you for the ticket!
>
> @OF Admin: I am now awaiting the "ocl" repo to be opened.  Moreover, my
> user name @ sourceforge is "mattwklein" [1]. Can you please add me to
> the list of OF developers so I can start filling the "ocl" repo.
>
> Also many thanks for supporting the advertisement!
>
> Best,
> Matt

Hi Matt,

welcome on board, and sorry for the delay -- the subject of this
thread could have been a bit more to the point.

You have now OF maintainer rights and an empty mercurial repository
'ocl' has been created at OF, you should be able to clone it with:

hg clone ssh://address@hidden/p/octave/ocl ocl

IMHO the package is a candidate for the 'community' group. In testing,
I explicitly request help of others (something has already been
done). Most testing is usually to be expected when you initiate a
release at OF.

A few notes:

- As long as there is no release at OF, it is still time to
  re-consider the name of the package at OF. Is the corresponding
  Matlab package named the same?

- Please study the directives for maintainers at our web page. You
  should add a Makefile at the root level of your package, with
  targets for releases and so on. This could point into the respective
  existing targets of your src/Makefile, but that's not usual. If you
  like, you can use (modifiy) the template root level Makefile from
  our web-page.

- I'm a bit astonished that a package heavily tied to Octave internals
  and external C-code (?) works without a configure script.

Olaf