Re: Octave should create a forum

From: GoSim
Subject: Re: Octave should create a forum
Date: Sat, 4 Jan 2020 18:18:32 -0600 (CST)

edmund ronald wrote
> If I may be so bold as to state a view, I dont think participants of THIS
> list should make the forum decision based alone on discussion here. It
> would be preferable to inform the decision by asking more naive users for
> their opinion.
>
> Edmund

We can just look at forums that are successful, which forums are successful
and how do they look? My experience is that freecad style forums lead to
better communication at a human level which I like. Even though tech people
can be 'special' most people are human first and engineers/phd/whatever
second, this is particularly true among women.

--
Sent from: https://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/Octave-Maintainers-f1638794.html