Re: GSoC 2020

From: Kai Torben Ohlhus
Subject: Re: GSoC 2020
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2020 09:53:14 +0900

On 1/25/20 12:30 AM, Nir Krakauer wrote:
> Now would be the time to apply again to participate as an organization
> for Google Summer of Code [1]. What do you think? Who wants to be an
> admin for the organization?
>
> --Nir
>
> [1] https://developers.google.com/open-source/gsoc/timeline

Thanks for the reminder Nir.  Octave should at least apply for GSoC
again to stay in touch with the program and maybe more interesting
participants show up this year.  Getting attention by younger
generations of students might be beneficial too, even though they do not
spend their GSoC with Octave.

I can be an admin/mentor again.  Nir, would you like to take the
traditional leadership of the GSoC application again?

Best,
Kai

P.S.:  Some wiki sites should get polished [1-3].  I can take care of
some in the coming days.

Dear maintainers, I would like to ask you to move your projects from [1]
to [2] you are no longer interested in to mentor, or at least to remove
your name.  I think last year, or the year before, students were
disappointed to apply for projects nobody was really willing to mentor.

Thank you in advance.

[1] https://wiki.octave.org/Summer_of_Code_Project_Ideas
[2] https://wiki.octave.org/Projects
[3] https://wiki.octave.org/GSoC_2019_application