Final call for already opened bugs for Octave 5.1.90

From: Kai Torben Ohlhus
Subject: Final call for already opened bugs for Octave 5.1.90
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2020 11:41:18 +0900

On 1/28/20 7:41 AM, Kai Torben Ohlhus wrote:
> On 1/28/20 3:26 AM, Mike Miller wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> It looks like the stable branch has been updated to version 5.2.0 on
>> Friday (https://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/f4b6b170a761).
>>
>> This change typically means the release is done, so is someone planning
>> on tagging and uploading the release to ftp?
>>
>> Since the stable branch has advanced, please remember to rewind to
>> revision f4b6b170a761 when running 'make dist'.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>

> Yes, I did this change before to avoid Octave's typical: "We have
> released but forgotten to update the date/version number in document X"
>
>    https://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/c2e6725987ce
>
> which is for example now part of our official Octave 5.1.0 tarball and
> happened quite often in the pas in the heat of the release.
>
> Personally I think we can tag any commit as 5.2.0.  There a always small
> things one easily forgets.  For me a commit like
>
>    https://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/5d9316571d91
>
> is totally enough to identify a release.
>
> Right now, I did not build the final releases to wait for urgent small
> last minute commits.  I want to start the builds on Friday so we can
> enjoy with beginning of February Octave 5.2.0.
>
> Kai

Dear Octave maintainers,

Friday (2020-01-31) is coming for which the 5.2.0 release is scheduled.
 Thank you for your time to test 5.1.90 and to report and fix some minor
issues so far.

Time is getting short.  Are there any issues found in 5.1.90 that need
to get fixed now?  For example [1], which seems MXE related.
Unfortunately, Savannah cannot sort by releases easily.

Please note, that (at least I) cannot accept any new issues this week,
without delaying the 5.2.0 release.

Thank you,

Kai

[1] https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?57673