Re: Getting Tablicious on Octave Forge

From: José Abílio Matos
Subject: Re: Getting Tablicious on Octave Forge
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2020 18:44:55 +0000

On Thursday, January 30, 2020 6:31:36 PM WET Andrew Janke wrote:
> Hi José! Thanks for trying my package.
>
> That first problem about mkoctfile, I have no idea what's going on.
> Maybe your Octave installation actually is broken? Maybe something needs
> to be added to your $PATH (the regular PATH environment variable, not
> the Octave path)?

When I say that I am running in-place it means that I call octave from the
building directory as
$ ./run-octave --gui&

probably that is the problem...

> That second problem about __octave_link_register_doc__: That's already
> fixed in the new 0.3.4 release of Tablicious
> (https://github.com/apjanke/octave-tablicious/issues/67); I just forgot
> to update the README to point the download link at the new package.
> Please try installing 0.3.4; it should work under both Octave 5 and 6:
>
> pkg install
> https://github.com/apjanke/octave-tablicious/releases/download/v0.3.4/tablic
> ious-0.3.4.tar.gz
>
> Cheers,
> Andrew

Thank you, that got me going.

When installing I get several replicas of these errors:

__oct_time_binsearch__.cc: In instantiation of ‘octave_idx_type*
binsearch(const T*, octave_idx_type, const T*, octave_idx_type) [with T =
double; octave_idx_type = int]’:
__oct_time_binsearch__.cc:90:56:   required from here
__oct_time_binsearch__.cc:51:79: warning: format ‘%lld’ expects argument of
type ‘long long int’, but argument 2 has type ‘octave_idx_type’ {aka ‘int’} [-
Wformat=]
   51 |         error ("Total ordering violation: neither <, >, nor == was
true. i=%lld, mid=%lld",

~~~^

long long int

%d
   52 |           i, mid);
      |           ~

      |           |
      |           octave_idx_type {aka int}

and later

warning: doc_cache_create: unusable help text found in file 'calendarDuration'
warning: doc_cache_create: unusable help text found in file 'categorical'
warning: doc_cache_create: unusable help text found in file 'datetime'
warning: doc_cache_create: unusable help text found in file 'duration'
warning: doc_cache_create: unusable help text found in file 'localdate'
warning: doc_cache_create: unusable help text found in file 'missing'
warning: doc_cache_create: unusable help text found in file 'string'
warning: doc_cache_create: unusable help text found in file 'table'

Best regards,
--
José Matos