Re: Octave 5.2.0 release

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Octave 5.2.0 release
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2020 07:48:34 -0500

On 2/3/20 2:42 AM, Mike Miller wrote:
On Mon, Feb 03, 2020 at 12:52:15 +0900, Kai Torben Ohlhus wrote:
@Mike, jwe:  Do you run Ubuntu 18.04 or Debian 10 for your Octave
development?  I want to reinstall the build server to obtain more
reproducibility = less pain for Octave 6.1.

I use Debian testing for my development, but that's not exactly the path
of least pain :)

I also use Debian testing, typically updated at least every few months.

If we want to have full control of the versions of the build tools, then we could use the native build option in mxe-octave to create a tarball source distribution file from a specific mercurial revision. That would give us a specific set of versions of the most important build tools, also built from source.