Re: cloned source, help just displaying copyright text?

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: cloned source, help just displaying copyright text?
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2020 14:22:39 -0500

On 2/12/20 1:52 PM, Nicholas Jankowski wrote:
haven't played with the source in a little while, but did something change in the docstrings that's preventing help from rendering the full docstring? running help on any command in the source tree displays only the copyright block rather than the function help. I do see that there were changes to the copyright portion of the docstring.  Deleting the first two comment lines (all the #### ) returns the behavior to normal.

e.g.:

It works for me.  Did you start with a completely fresh build tree?

Are you trying to use an older version of Octave to get help from the current source .m files? That's not expected to work.