Re: Worthwhile to submit installers for AV whitelisting?

From: Nicholas Jankowski
Subject: Re: Worthwhile to submit installers for AV whitelisting?
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2020 18:03:05 -0500

On Thu, Feb 20, 2020 at 1:21 PM Nicholas Jankowski <address@hidden> wrote:
On Thu, Feb 20, 2020 at 7:44 AM Nicholas Jankowski <address@hidden> wrote:
A few false positive emails popping up on help list recently. Peeking around, I found the following page for McAfee application screening submission.  Seems it just takes and email with some info and link to the download.

Is that worthwhile? Some of the info requested (mostly corporate contact stuff)  I don’t know what we’d fill in.

Yes this is just one company, but this is a pretty low bar for consideration

I'm guessing getting Octave and the libsqlite3-0.dll file whitelisted would require submission to the following for 3rd parties. Assuming most emails won't permit dll and exe attachments, it'll probably require requesting FTP access:

since my work machine got flagged as well today at work after virus definitions updated, I took the liberty of emailing them for access to upload files for whitelisting.  (cc'd jwe as official org rep)