GSoC: feedback on public application and other inquiries

From: Abdallah Elshamy
Subject: GSoC: feedback on public application and other inquiries
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2020 00:29:02 +0200

Hello all,
My name is Abdallah Elshamy and I am looking forward to contribute in octave.

I started by building octave. Then, To show my enthusiasm ; I submitted a batch (https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/index.php?50247) and I am still waiting for response.

Then I followed GSoC wiki page instructions and started filling my public application and I would like to know if there is anything that needs to be illustrated more and if I missed anything.
This is my public application:  https://wiki.octave.org/User:Abdallah_Elshamy

Also, I have another question:
Regarding the project I plan to work on,
Is it better to discuss the details of my proposal (deliverables,time line, milestone .. etc) here on the maintainers mailing list or it is better to contact the mentor of the project  privately?

Thanks in advance
Abdallah