Re: understanding path from bug fix to release

From: Torsten Lilge
Subject: Re: understanding path from bug fix to release
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2020 22:48:45 +0100

On Thu, 2020-02-27 at 21:20 +0000, Ray Daniel Zimmerman wrote:
> I was hoping someone more familiar with the Octave development
> workflow could enlighten me.
>
> There’s a particular bug fix I’m interested in (
> https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?52614). It appears it was marked
> “fixed” with a changeset that was pushed last April. How can tell
> which release version it will appear in? From my own testing, it does
> not appear to be fixed in 5.2.
>
> Thanks,
>
>    Ray

The changeset to fix the metnioned bug was pushed to the default branch.
The default branch is merged into the stable branch, from which releases
are generated, just before the next major release. Stable releases, like
5.2.0 are generated from the stable branch without merging the default
branch before.

In this case, the fix is in the upcoming 6.1.0 release.

Torsten