Re: Worth to mention in Octave 6 NEWS, support for private in namespaces

From: Julien Bect
Subject: Re: Worth to mention in Octave 6 NEWS, support for private in namespaces?
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2020 20:25:58 +0200

Le 29/04/2020 à 20:12, José Abílio Matos a écrit :
        this is something that I notice when working with Octave 5 and
Octave 6. As I said in another message I am using a namespace:

+dir1/+dir2
+dir1/file1.m
+dir1/private/file2.m

The path has the location where +dir1 is but not +dir1.

The difference between Octave 5 and 6 is that file1 "knows" file2 in Octave 6
but not in Octave 5.

I suppose that it means that Octave 6 supports private in namespaces but
Octave 5. If that it is the case then I think that it would be worth to refer
this in NEWS.

What do you think?

Actually, I have even simpler (but related) questions:

1) Does Octave officially support these "namespaces" (directories starting with a "+") ?

I know that the functionality has been implemented to some extent for some time now, but I failed to locate any mention of this in the Release Notes or in the manual.  Have I missed something ?

2) How are they called in Octave ?

The corresponding functionality in Matlab in called "package", but this word refers to something entirely different in Octave...

@++
Julien