Adding external libraries to Octave

From: Abdallah Elshamy
Subject: Adding external libraries to Octave
Date: Tue, 12 May 2020 18:08:27 +0200

Dear All,

My GSoC project [1] requires the external library RapidJSON [2] which is a header-only library. So, I was searching about how to add libraries to Octave. I think that one way to do this is to put the library in a suitable place inside "liboctave" folder and modifying and/or creating the required "module.mk" files. Am I on the right track here? Please let me know.

Another option that was suggested by my mentor (Mr. Kai Torben Ohlhus) is to modify the "bootstrap" script so that it fetches the latest version of the library online and integrates it during building.

I would like to know your evaluation of both methods and if you have any suitable alternatives.

Thanks for your time,
Abdallah

[1] https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/projects/#6263027378159616
[2] https://rapidjson.org/