Re: [stable build from source] Ubuntu 20.04 scintilla

From: Juan Pablo Carbajal
Subject: Re: [stable build from source] Ubuntu 20.04 scintilla
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2020 20:27:36 +0200

> Qscintilla isn't necessary to build Octave.  If it isn't found you may have
> reduced functionality in the GUI's code editor, but it won't stop the build
> process.
>

> Since you are on a Debian system, you could try
>
> apt-get build-dep octave
>
> which will pull in all the packages you need to build Octave.
>
> However, if the problem is that the upgrade process has broken packages, but
> they are still listed as installed, then this won't work because the root
> problem is not missing packages, but broken ones.
>
> If another poster is correct, that you need to re-install packages, then you
> could re-install your entire system with
>
> dpkg -l | perl -ane 'print $F[1]," "' > pkg.list
> apt-get --reinstall install `cat pkg.list`
>
> --Rik

As I mentioned in a previous post, the build process fails if I just keep going.
Thanks for the suggestion Rik, however I do not think re-installing
the whole system is the way to go, and I do not think such
recommendations should be given lightly.
I compile many other programs and only Octave is somehow failing to
detect qscintilla. I read there were some changes in the compilation
flags, could this be the issue?