Re: [mxe] stable build from source

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: [mxe] stable build from source
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2020 15:09:00 -0400

On 7/14/20 1:52 PM, Markus Mützel wrote:
Am 14. Juli 2020 um 18:01 Uhr schrieb "Stefan Pofahl":
Is there anyone who succeeded building an octave-stable during the last week?

The buildbots are running build jobs for MXE Octave continuously and they seem
to be doing fine:
http://buildbot.octave.org:8010/#/waterfall

I have now tried to compile it for more than a week, for at least 7 times.
I tried both, new clone and removal of the old make folder and update clone and
clean
make folder.
It always stops after or during the compilation of "libbiosig", attached you
can find the log-file.

I can't see any error in the log file you attached. libbiosig seems to compile
correctly for you.

Here is what I do:
1.) clone repository or update
hg clone https://hg.octave.org/mxe-octave[https://hg.octave.org/mxe-octave]

or
hg -v pullhg -v update

2.) build ./configure
./bootstrap
3.) Clean Build Directory, if makefile exist inside the build-folder
make clean

4.) Generate Makefile inside of build directory
/home/mylogin/hg/mxe-octave/configure --enable-devel-tools \--enable-windows-64
\--enable-octave=stable \--enable-binary-packages \--with-ccache
\--with-pkg-dir=/home/mylogin/builds/octave_pkg

4.) Compile Octave-stable inside the build directory
make all 7z-dist JOBS=4 --trace --keep-going

Any recommendations?

Running "make clean" after bootstraping seems strange. That probably
effectively reverts what the bootstrap script was doing.

Unless things have changed, mxe-octave is not set up to properly build in a directory separate from the source tree, so if you are trying that, I expect it will fail.

If you are building the stable version, then you'll need to create a dist file for version 6. In the buildbot configs, that is the step that executes

  nice -n 19 make JOBS=8 hg-octave-dist hg-octave-branch=stable

That is supposed to build a copy of the current sources from the stable branch, run make dist to create a tar.lz file, and copy it to your PKG_SRC directory.