Re: Admin support for Octave Forge

From: Kai Torben Ohlhus
Subject: Re: Admin support for Octave Forge
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2020 13:26:55 +0900

On 10/1/20 3:28 AM, Olaf Till wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 30, 2020 at 08:20:34PM +0200, Olaf Till wrote:
>> On Sun, Sep 27, 2020 at 08:39:37PM +0900, Kai Torben Ohlhus wrote:
>>> Dear Olaf,
>>>
>>> Reading the OF release tracker [1], I would like to offer support for
>>> getting releases done.  Testing the tarballs, reviewing the code, etc.
>>>
>>> When I get the situation right, you are the only active "Octave Forge
>>> admin" left, right?  Thank you for keeping the OF project running the
>>> last years!
>>>
>>> If you appreciate my help, can you provide "siko1056" [2] with the
>>> necessary admin/developer rights?
>>>
>>> Kai
>>>
>>> [1] https://sourceforge.net/p/octave/package-releases/423/
>>> [2] https://sourceforge.net/u/siko1056/
>>
>> Yes, gladly.
>>
>> I'll do it this evening after some urgent things.
>>
>> Olaf
>
> Done, you have now admin- (and so also developer-) rights. If you need
> some instructions, tell me and I send them off-list.
>
> Olaf

Thank you Olaf 🙂  If there is confidential information available, I
would be happy to receive them off-list.

I started to make some book keeping and created a list in the wiki [1]
how to publish an OF release.  If your time permits, feel free to
add/correct items there.  I can access the OF webspace, thus in theory I
should be able to publish releases myself.  The first release I manage
will probably reveal lack of information.  Anyways, I will do my first
changes with care and backups 😇

Kai

[1] https://wiki.octave.org/Reviewing_Octave_Forge_packages#Admin_tasks