Re: Octave odepkg

From: Markus Mützel
Subject: Re: Octave odepkg
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2020 18:14:27 +0100

Am 28. Oktober 2020 um 11:13 Uhr schrieb "Carlo De Falco":
> Also the repository on SourceForge is out of date and may conflict with the
> core functions.
>
> So, YES, definitely the SF version of odepkg should be removed from MXE.
> And probably very few people will miss it.

I removed odepkg from the list of Octave Forge packages that are built in MXE
Octave here:
https://hg.octave.org/mxe-octave/rev/e50a3ed99da0

> That does not mean, though that  development of odepkg, will be abandoned,
> that is indeed planned, although it will require a major overhaul to simplify
> odepkg
> an make it more maintainable,

The build rules and all local patches that we used to apply to odepkg (mostly
to get it to compile with newer Octave versions) are still intact. So hopefully
that will allow to get the new odepkg back easily once it is available.

Thanks for your work on that package - and for the feedback. :-)

Markus